Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's been quite some time since I've been inspired to post a new blog but this morning as I was reading Psalm 71, I was suddenly ablaze with inspiration! Though I read it early today, I've been looking back over it, re-reading, speaking it out loud and prophetically declaring & claiming it as mine.

Take a look and read verses 5-8, 12, 16, 18 & 23 out loud and slowly with me:

"You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence. Upon You have I leaned and relied from birth, You are He Who took me from my mother's womb and have been my benefactor from that day. My praise is continually of You. I am as a wonder and surprise to many, but You are my strong refuge. My mouth shall be filled with Your praise and with Your honor all the day. O God, be not far from me! O my God, make haste to help me! I will come in the strength and with the mighty acts of the Lord God; I will mention and praise Your righteousness, even Yours alone. ...keep me alive until I have declared Your mighty strength to this generation, and Your might and power to all that are to come. My lips shall shout for joy when I sing praises to You, and my inner being, which You have redeemed."

WOW! Does that do anything for anyone else? I mean - WOAH! (Flashback to Joey from Blossom)

*God is my hope.
*God is my trust.
*God is the source of my confidence.
*God is my benefactor.
*God has made me a wonder.
*God has made me a surprise.
*God is my strong refuge.
*God is not far from me.
*God makes haste to help me.
*God keeps me alive.
*God has redeemed me.
SO
*I lean on God.
*I rely on God.
*My praise is continually of God.
*My mouth is filled with praise to God.
*My mouth is filled with honor to God.
* I will come in the strength of God.
*I will come with the mighty acts of God.
*I will mention the righteousness of God.
*I will praise the righteousness of God.
*I will declare to this generation the mighty strength of God.
*I will declare to all who are to come the might and power of God.
*My lips will shout for joy when I sing praises to God.
*My inner being will shout for joy because I have been redeemed by God.

Yup! I'm owning this one and putting it into action! Every bit of it! Let me know whether or not the Holy Spirit is prompting you to do the same.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, comments, etc. regarding these verses and the promises within them.

No comments:

Post a Comment