Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let's LIVE

Psalm 75:1
“We give thanks to You, O God, we praise and give thanks; that Your name is near Your wondrous works declare, and they who invoke your name rehearse Your wonders.” Amplified

As I was reading in Psalm this morning, I realized I had never paid much attention to this verse before. Maybe it’s because I wasn’t reading it from the Amplified. I love the Amplified. All the words really help me have a better understanding – they really…amplify it! Anyway, I was so taken by the last part of this verse I decided to go to crosswalk.com and look at various other translations of the same verse from Psalm 75. The word “wonder” always catches my eye – along with its other forms and variations. This particular verse contains not just one, but two – “wondrous” and “wonders”…piquing my interest even further.

What I’m realizing from this particular verse is that God is near & His wondrous works confirm and declare that He is near. He is here. He IS. Those who give thanks and praise Him because of Who He is, tell about Him and His wonderful deeds. As we do so, we are invoking His name and – guess what – as we invoke, use His name (we’ve been given power and authority to do so through Jesus) we not only recount His miracles, we do them too!

I am determined to live the life God intended me to live – a supernatural life filled with His presence. Because it’s filled with His presence, signs, wonders and miracles will follow me. Not to bring attention or acclaim to myself – but to bring honor, glory and fame to Him and to draw those who are lost to Him.

Oh how He loves us! How He longs to see us living lives He purchased with His life to the utmost! There is always more with God. Always!

Acts 2:28 goes along with this. I pray it and am expectant for it to be a constant reality in my life. “You have made known to me the ways of life; You will enrapture me – diffusing my soul with joy – with and in Your presence.”

Here’s are some lyrics that came to me from a quite time of reflection about His presence:

I don’t ever want to leave Your presence
Where You are is where I always want to be
All my days I will sing of Your greatness
While I have breath I will not cease to give You praise

In Your presence there is joy beyond measure
In Your dwelling place is life forevermore
Oh the vastness of Your love for me is far beyond compare
Being anywhere without You there is more than I can bear
So I don’t ever want to leave Your presence

Here are some of the other translations of Psalm 75:1 I found particularly interesting:

“We thank You, God, we thank You – Your name is our favorite word; Your mighty works are all we talk about.” The Message

“God, we thank You; we thank You because You are near. We tell about the miracles You do.” New Century Version

“We give thanks to You, O God; we give thanks. You are present, and Your miracles confirm that.” God’s Word Translation

“To You, O God, we give praise, to You we give praise: and those who give honor to Your name make clear Your works of power.” The Bible in Basic English

Come on, people, let's LIVE - SUPERNATURALLY so His Kingdom is advanced & lives are transformed!

No comments:

Post a Comment